Discover a range of useful resources below to help you get the most out of your Bankston products.
- Who is Bankston? How long has Bankston operated?
- Bankston Architectural create architectural hardware for the design conscious consumer. Bankston are driven by a passion for high-quality products and unique design. Bankston has been servicing the design-conscious and A&D communities since 2018, however the business is founded on nearly 40 years of experience in the industry.
- Do you have instructions/templates?
- A selection of instructions and templates are available here on the resources page.
Warranty & Purchasing Information
- How can I purchase Bankston products?
- As a wholesaler, Bankston relies on a curated network of retailers to supply products to both the general public and trade. In this regard, ‘trade’ is considered to include the following categories: interior designers, architects, builders, construction companies, kitchen manufacturers and similar professions. Please refer to the Contact page of the website for availability and pricing of goods from retailers.
- Who are your distributors in Australia?
- Bankston is distributed nationwide in a curated selection of Australia’s best architectural hardware specialists. Find your nearest retailer today on the Contact page.
- Who are your distributors in New Zealand?
- Bankston is distributed nationwide in a curated selection of New Zealand’s best architectural hardware specialists. Find your nearest retailer today on the Contact page.
- How long will my products take?
- Bankston takes pride in strong customer service standards and support, and are committed to providing you the best product as efficiently as possible. Once an order is received from your chosen retailer, it is generally picked and shipped within 1-2 working days. In the event that there are any unavoidable delays to your order, or products need to be back ordered, a member of Bankston’s friendly customer service staff will be in touch to discuss alternatives and options.
- What warranty does Bankston offer?
- Warranty terms differ from product to product, find more information here in the resources section.
Products & Care
- What is Bankston hardware made of?
- All Bankston products are made from high-quality, solid forged brass.
- Will my products rust?
- No, Bankston products will not rust. Brass is an alloy made up of copper, zinc, and other elements. As it does not contain iron, it does not rust. While brass does not rust, it will over time (depending on the finish) begin to patina and develop unique depths of colour. Please refer to the Finishes page to discover Bankston’s full range of finishes and their durability.
- What are Bankston's unique finishes?
- Bankston’s range includes unique, hand crafted finishes, which may vary from product-to-product due to the artisanal processes involved in creating them. The patina of these finishes will change with use over the life of the product, thereby adding character to the item. Other plated and powder coated finishes should maintain their original appearance.
- Can there be variances across finishes?
- Bankston utilises various methods to create a range of distinct finishes. Some of these finishes are processed individually by hand, creating something truly unique and special. While Bankston’s platers strive to provide consistency, variations are to be expected due to the complexity of the hand-aging process involved in producing these unique finishes.
- How do I look after my Bankston hardware?
- Regular cleaning with a soft damp cloth will help maintain the integrity of the finish; the product should be dried with a soft dry cloth immediately after cleaning. To maintain the appearance of lacquered products, the protective coating needs to remain intact, to do so keep the product dry and do not let your product come into contact with paint thinners or masking tape, as these may compromise the finish. Never use solvents, scourers or abrasive cleaning products on Bankston hardware.
- How accurate are the sizes in the catalogue and on website?
- Bankston strives to provide you with correct and consistent products and product information. Our manufacturing techniques produce a highly-accurate product.
- Are Bankston handles fire rated?
- Yes, All Bankston Door Furniture has been tested on Firecore doors and is rated for 2 hours.
- Are any Bankston products load rated?
- At this stage, no Bankston products are load rated.
Installation & Product Capabilities
- Why do my screws keep snapping?
- Bankston supply brass screws as standard with all door furniture to best match the finish of your brass product. Spare stainless steel screws can be provided. Though stronger, they may not perfectly match the finish of your brass-based product. It is recommended to pre-drill pilot holes and hand tighten screws to avoid snapping.
- Does Bankston door furniture come with a lock or latch?
- Bankston door furniture is purchased individually.
- What comes with your door furniture?
- All Bankston door furniture is provided with spindles and matching screws included.
- What else do I need?
- Your door type and application will determine the latches, locks, hinges, bolts and other accompaniments needed. Find a range of useful guides on the Resources page.
- Are screws supplied with all Banskton products?
- Yes, in fact 1 extra screw is supplied with all products.
Door Furniture Warranty
- What does this warranty cover?
- This warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship, including the internal mechanisms of door levers, door knobs, locks and latches, with the exceptions stated below.
- How long does this warranty last?
- This warranty is valid for ten (10) years from the date of purchase.
- What is not covered by this warranty?
- Bankston use various manufacturing techniques to produce a distinct range of finishes. Some unique finishes may vary from product-to-product due to the hand-crafted processes involved in creating them. The character of these unique finishes is intended to change and develop as a result of time, touch, and climate conditions. Accordingly, Bankston’s finishes are not covered by warranty. Minor defects that do not affect the workings of a product can be a normal part of the manufacturing process and will be assessed on a case by case basis. Bankston will not assume liability for any labour charges relating to the removal or reinstallation of the products; nor will freight, postage or handling expenses related to the products be covered by Bankston. Damages caused by accident, misuse, abuse, or improper installations are not covered by this warranty.
- What will Bankston do?
- Bankston will repair or replace the defective product or parts that fall within these guidelines. When necessary, a proof of purchase dated within the warranty period may be required.
- What is the returns process?
- Please return any faulty goods to the place of purchase for the assessment and repair or replacement.
Care & Maintenance
- Caring for finishes
- Bankston products are made using the highest quality materials and leading-edge manufacturing and finishing techniques. Bankston’s range includes unique, hand crafted finishes, which may vary from product-to-product due to the artisanal processes involved in creating them. The patina of these finishes will change with use over the life of the product, thereby adding character to the item. Other plated and powder coated finishes should maintain their original appearance.
- Cleaning your products
- All products should be regularly and gently cleaned with soft, damp cloth and should be dried with a soft dry cloth immediately after. Your Bankston product has been designed and made to last you many years – use it, love it and care for it well.
Other Important Information
- Key Installation Information
- The screws provided with Bankston products are made from solid brass. This allows finishes to be matched as closely as possible and prevents the possibility of screws rusting in coastal areas. Please note that screws require pre-drilling. Please take extra care when fitting.
- Product Guarantees
- Bankston goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian and New Zealand Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.